Monday, February 24, 2014

It's like I never left!

HEYYYYY EVERYONE! I told you that you would be hearing from me soon. note I don't have a lot of time to type so there will be miss spellings. I have my Personal days on Saturday when I am in the MTC so I get one already! Things have been so amazing here and I can't believe it has only been 3 and a half days. It feels like it I have learned so much since I have enter, and I have. I don't know where to begin so I will just work through my days.

I was dropped off by Clark and Michelle and to my surprise, all my fears and nervousness had left me. I couldn't stop smiling. There were so many new missionaries entering that it was quick goodbyes. I got my name tag moments after I enter, its pretty great. I think it's the best one out there but I may be bias :) I dropped off all my bags in my dorm and thats when I met my companion. UGHHHHHH The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful opportunity to learn patiance. His name is Paul Strager. I still don't know how to say his name. He is from Utah and is something else. He doesnt fallow any of the mission rules and when we are in class learning. He is either asleep or leaving class to get a drink of water, this is most annoying to me because I have to go with him to get water. Its ok though, I am trying my best to be the best I can be for him. In my District there are 6 of us Elders. 3 of us are going to Colorado and the others to Knottsville. My companion isnt coming to Colorado so thats nice :) The other two Elders who are coming to Colorado are awesome. I really like them and hope that I get paired with them someday in the field. Theres Elder Lenche and Elder Leggieri. They are also the other two in our dorm room. Its nice because they hang out with me when I have to deal with my companion. The other two elders are also going to knottsville but they are in the room next to ours. I really enjoy the group, well most of them.

 In the MTC we learn a lot about reconigings the spirit and how to bring it into our lesions. I have only had one "investigator" so far and its a slow process. It is really hard to get him, excited about learning. Its also hard because my companion who is sposed to help me teach, DOESNT SAY A WORD! I have been having to do it all by myself. I will look at him and ask him things but he wont contribute. But it is giving me the great chance to focus on my teaching skills. Having to do it alone is hard and I am still a bad teacher, but it is good to work on it and all the feeb back the "investigator" gives is for me so its great to learn from. I look forward to being better at bringing the Spirit into lesions. I hope that I can truly help those I teach. In my Distric I have been made the District Leader. It just means I have to do some paper work on weekends and I get in trouble if my district does something wrong. But so far most if of them have been so great. I am so humbled that I got the calling to lead. Its been fun because I think i am an easy leader. Not that I let them slack off but i give them their opportunity to use their agency.

The food is awesome. I dont know why so many people complained about it, its soooo nice having all you can eat meals three times a day. I know it wont be like that in the feild so I am taking it in whist I can. Its fun to explore the cafiteria. There are so many different areas and I have always found hidden treats. I dont think I have gained any weight, but I havnt lost any. It has been so wonderful here in the MTC. I am going to miss being so close to so many other Elders and Sisters. I am very excited to be in the feild and to grown and learn. I know I will be doing that each day.

I love all of you so much. I hope things are going well. I will be in the MTC till the Monday after Next and then I head to Colorado. Stay strong and never lose hope! Also please send me your addresses so I can write you letters!

My Address here:

Elder Daniel Joseph Wyatt
FEB10 CO-COSP
2009 N 900 E Unit 196
Provo UT 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment