Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Always Good Weather

I cant believe another week is down. They seem slow in the moment but fly by when one looks back.I think that is just how life flows. It makes it easier to stay positive too. I will do my best to recount what happened this last week:

 I enjoyed last P-day a lot, i got to play some fun games with my district and that's always a nice relaxation. I am getting a lot closer with everyone I work with out here and that makes it more fun and less work. Hardly feels like work though. My zone now knows that I am a weird lovable kid, and I think its wonderful. Its too bad when I see someone try and act tough or brave. We play games as a zone and one of the games we played this week was dodge ball. I didn't take it too seriously because I just wanted to have fun. So I was dancing around and when ever I saw a sister without a ball, I would roll her one, even if she was on other team :) I am always a gentlemen. One other Elder joined me in being silly and we tried to emulate Samuel the Laminate. Some how he and I would always be the last two left on our team. I did get a rug burn on my arm which is no fun, but it reminds me that I can't break dance :)

The work is slow in Sanford but Elder Smith and I make the best of it. Everyday we try all the doors we can. We knocked on the same door everyday this week with no answer, We will be there again everyday next week to try and catch them :) One of the people we are working with has the sweetest heart. He has the desire to quit smoking but just needs help, he has asked us to help him. He is a nice old man who doesn't want to commit because he doesn't want to be a Hippocrate if he isn't strong enough to keep the commandments. I admire someone who recognizes the value of what we teach. We will be meeting with him again next week and I know that we can help him.

The weather has been a roller coaster ride. Someday is nice and warm, other days its freezing cold with wind that try to blow me away. If I ever do start to fly I will just go towards Oz :) This Sunday I woke to a nice snowy day, its a great way to start march! I know we needed the water so its a good thing, or at least that is what everyone is telling me. I am finally used to the smell of cows, i didn't think it would happen but atlas, it is.

Elder Smith is a really great guy, BUT HE DOESN'T LIKE MOVIES OR POPCORN! How can one not like popcorn?!?! I don't know but he doesn't, I get all the popcorn in the apt though so that's a good thing:) I got to make myself pasta this week, i am so happy because in case anyone didn't know, i do like pasta. Its fun cooking for ourselves each day. Elder smith still always has his PB&J but i try and change it up a bit. I miss having a huge selection to cook with but I make the most of what I got, and I am always happy.

On Sunday I got the change to bear my testimony. First time i got to speak to the entire ward since I got to Sanford. I think I did a good job. I never know but I do know that I fallowed my heart and I can go wrong when I do that. I also taught Sunday school to the youth. It was my first time teaching a class in church. It was a lot of fun. I had the topic of the Book of Mormon and the effect it plays in conversion. I shared how it helped me and how we use it to teach investigators. Its really easy to teach because I am not the teacher. When we leave a BOM or after we teach a lession, I always try to say something along these lines: "We are merely here to help you, we can not force you to do anything nor do we want to. All we ask is that you read, ponder in your hearts, and pray. Let Him answer your question, He will testify the truth of what we have taught today. He will testify the truth of the Book of Mormon, you can choose to act on or accept what we have taught" I like that a lot because its true, we dont force anyone anything, we just invite others to come unto christ. And who better to ask about the truth of His Gospel then Him.

Everything always works out in the end. I get the opportunity to read scripture everyday and I am loving it. Always something more to pick up. One of the ones that caught my attention was Alma 37:6-7. It talks about small and simple means and how any little thing can help someone. I think back to myself and how it all started with a friend inviting me to come hear them speak at Church. It was a small act that started something, and i bet if one was to go back and think that I would have as big of a change as it did, no one would agree. One never knows how things will end up, but it always works out in the end. I know that even if times seem tough or if everything isn't going the way we would like it to go, that it does no good to think negative about it. Always stay positive and work towards a brighter tomorrow. I promise that any trial we face in life, we can over come.

Love Always,
Elder Daniel Wyatt

Here are some great photos of Daniel out in the field!







No comments:

Post a Comment