Sunday, April 20, 2014

What Is Right.

HEY!

Its been a good week here in Sanford CO. We have had every sort of weather you could imagine but its always been fun to head out and do what we can. To start of the week was P-Day and that is always nice. First time with the new zone and i can't tell if i like them more or less. they are all nice but they don't like to play games, they all just wanted to sleep. IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY. Don't get me wrong, i would love to take a nap but i have plenty of time to do that when i'm 136 years, as of now i want to be silly. Their laziness didn't keep me from being silly, don't worry. I still have fun with my district!

We had a really good lesson with a man named Toby H. Both Elder Smith and I were very loving and bold when we taught him. He still says he believes everything to be true but doesn't want to let anyone down if he does get baptized and them falls away. We did our best to try and help with his concerns but it is up to him to choose if he will act upon or accept our message. We will keep working with him as best we can. Our Stake President really wants to meet with him so that would be great if we can set it up.

So I had to go to the doctor this week. I woke and my ear was swollen. Never a good sign, I know. So after a few phone calls I met with a Cowboy who told me he was a doctor. I didn't believe him at first but the fact that he was 3 times taller then I and had hands bigger then my head, i dint question him. Well, I wish i had keep that drive to not question him, because at one point he said " This is frustrating me" and walked out of the room, he came back in with a small scalpel and begin to work on my head again. I felt brave so I asked him what he thought it was. He responded "Oh, I have no idea" I will filled with all the confidence in the world after that. When he was done he explained it was a small infection and nothing to worry about. I am on meds now and the issue is gone. I don't think i will ever forget that however.

One of the Less Active members we have been working with had a huge heart attack last week and had to be flown to Denver, he is back and since then he has become a lot more interested in becoming more active. he says that his experience really "woke" him up to what he needs to be doing with his life. We were happy to hear this, its funny how things work out. He is also now a lot more helpful when we work with his no-member wife. Hopefully this new situation will push them both.

I gave the lesson for my district meeting this week. I was nervous because it was the first one I ever gave. I think it went well and I didn't get boo-ed off of stand so that is a good thing. I have learned so much in these past 2 months and I am so excited to continue to learn more each and everyday! The Highlight of the week had to have been General Conference! It was amazing. As always but this time it really meant something more to me. Lots of great talks but my favorite was by President Thomas S. Monson. He gave a talk about the "confidence to do what is right" I don't know what the official name is but that's what i have named it! It was the last talk of the priesthood session and was very powerful. I also enjoyed Elder Bednar talk about our burdens and how they give us leverage. Its nice to hear from such wise men and women who only care about our happiness. I look forward to reading them again when they come out in Ensign.

 I am very grateful for this past week and lessons I learned. I am so blessed to be able to be in Colorado and do my best to teach those around me. I am very thankful that I have been giving this opportunity to devote my time to the Lord. I know that this Church is true and I can not say that a lot. I know that the Lord never gives us any trails we can not overcome. As it was said at conference and quoted from two Prophets, "Things will work out" I promise that as we continue to put our faith and trust in the Lord, He will never let us down.

Love Always,
Elder Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment