Monday, July 7, 2014

New Fresh Air!

Hey everyone!

     I hope all is well and that things continue to go up and up and up, til it breaks the roof and goes up higher! That is what I believe every day should be like. Truly, there is so much to find joy and light in. I have seen a ton of it this past week and I know there will be much more out there waiting for me to find it!

     I left Sanford and am now in Cannon City but before I left I made sure to get some goodbyes in. Most of them were short and sweet but we got to teach the Bailey family one last time before we left. It was an amazing lesson. It was all about the family and then Elder Sagers and I each bore our closing and farewell testimonies. I hope that missionaries continue to go teach them and that the Spirit continues to fill them. I am looking forward to one day finding out about the families baptism but until them I will keep them in my prayers.

       Wednesday came fast and Transfers meeting even faster. I got to see a ton of my good friends and it was lots of fun to run around and hug some people. I spent a some time chatting with Elder Smith and it was awesome to see him again and get an update of things. He is a great missionary and everyone else says the same thing about him. I am in my new area, Canon City and with my new companion, Elder Reber. I live in an apartment still so that is the same but now we have a car! A blue jeep tempest is our car and it is very nice not to have to bike everywhere. Our area is so big that we couldn't easily bike it. The town is great and lots of non-members to talk to.

      One of the families we have been teaching is the Robinson's and their extended family. Some of the family are members of the church but the young ones are not so we have been going by to chat with them and they came to church this past Sunday and the children want to be baptized. It takes some time and we do not want to rush things but hopefully in July they will be ready. They are a sweet family and their Grandma is crazy but in the best way! The parents are also working towards being sealed together and that's really nice to be a part of.

Elder Reber and Diaz (last missionary who was here) were teaching a less-active family who's daughter was not baptized and she currently is planning on being baptized this july 22. I have only had the opportunity to meet her once but I hope I can help with any concerns that she might have but as far as things go right now. She is doing well. I do not feel like I have done anything really to help with her bur one day I might send back a photo of her when she is baptized, so keep an eye out for that one!

     We also went and meet up with a really cool guy who was once a member of the church but has since left. We helped him much a ton of mulch. Seriously, it was a whole trailer load, it took us so long and i smelled awful after words. To thank us he took us out to get pie and while we were out both Elder Reber and myself shared our personal conversion stories and testimonies. It was really powerful and at the whole time he was really into it and by the end he told us that we were the perfect two missionaries he has been waiting for! That was the highlight of my week and we had dinner with him the next day because he wanted to chat with us some more. He is planning on coming to church and working towards being baptized. He is very excited but it might take some time until he can be but we will continue to work with him whenever he calls us.

     This Sunday was my first time in the new ward and about 2 minutes before Sacrament meeting starting a member of the bishop brick approached me and ask me to speak because the youth speaker was not there. I of course said yes and about 15 minutes later I was up speaking to my new ward. I can check that one of my bucket list. As impromptu as it was for me, i do not think I did half bad. I just spoke about myself and then shared Mosiah 24:13-14 and then bore my personal experience with it and testimony. Lots of people came up to me after wards and I already feel very welcomed into the new ward.

Over all the past week was really busy and crazy in all the best ways. I am very excited to be in new area but also to continue to do what I love each and everyday. I am so thankful every morning and evening and owe it all to a simple invitation to come to church. I would encourage you all to make it a goal for this week to invite someone to church. If they say no, oh well, continue to be there friend. For those of you who are not of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint Faith, I would love to invite you all to go to an LDS service this weekend and see what all i talk about it. I promise you all that no matter who you are or where you may be in life. You have a loving Heavenly Father who will always be there when you need him. I have seen it many times in my life and know that we are never alone. I love you all so much and wish you an amazing week.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. St. Matthew 11:30

Love,
Elder Wyatt


1. Said goodbye to Troy, a great ward mission leader i had in sanford.
2. This is my mission posterity, hard to explain but the one in middle trained the next two and then they trained the next too. that one on far left is his very first day!
3. This was a good friend who forgot not to hug me and this great photo was caught in the midst of it all.
4. These were some of my first friends and another part of my "mission family'
5. We get big burger world every Friday, it was so good but it is the size of my head! 
6. The cats were so adorable but also so painful!








No comments:

Post a Comment