Friday, August 29, 2014

Not A Teen

     Hey friends and family, this past week was a really nice week. So many times when I was laughing and smiling so much that I couldn't see, I do this weird thing where i lean back when I laugh, do not know what but whoot whoot! Last P-day we had out dreams crushed when the bowling ally was close, sad day, but alas, we turned it into a really fun time by playing some apples to apples. A game I have not plays in a while, it was really great. But I played the perfect card but the picker did not agree. I want all of your thoughts on it. The green card was "misunderstood" so I looked at my hand and I played "Helen Keller." I was laughing so hard when it was face down. I thought that it was the perfect card to describe "misunderstood" but nope :( that's ok, I still was cracking up about it and that was the best part :) It is always so fun to just be silly and I am really good at it :) I lost the game but I had some funny cards to describe me. We say our goodbyes and prepared for Tuesday because we had a long day of service.

     Our Service, although tiring, was a ton of fun and we got to spend it with a really cool member. Brother Mauldin is a member in our ward who lives up in the mountains. He picked us up early Tuesday morning and we did a lot of fire prevention around his cabin. It was great because we brought with us someone who is preparing for a mission and the more hands the better. Brother Maldin was Admiral in the navy, two star, and he is great to chat with. It was really neat because he had a huge metal weed whacker that could cut through trees like butter. Really made things move fast. We also saw some great missionary luck because his neighbor whom we take the branches to was really open to us talking about the Gospel. We set up a time to come back and this Wednesday we will be back on the mountains and teaching with brother Mauldin. Its was so great because so much good can come from the little things we do. No intent other then to chop some trees and now was have a new investigator.

     With little things, great things can be accomplished. I see it every day and that is a great principle to remind ourselves of often. A family whom we have been teaching and helping get back into activity, the Le Mays, have two unbaptized children. The parents really want to get more active and help the children come to church too. It is funny cause our last baptism was a less active family with two children unbaptized and they were the La Mays. One letter apart but other then that so similar. We taught them (just the parents) the plan of salvation, and it became a great lesson but much of it was focus on the need to act, which was great for parents but funny to teach. They were excited to work hard with they children so we were not fighting it. It gives us the chances to sit back and breath, relaxing as it all works out.

     On Friday morning we really had a wonderful opportunity to relax. We woke up at 5:20 and heading to skyline drive. It was that really cool road up on the top of a hill. I believe I have talked about it before. We got up there before the sun came up. Laid out our yoga mats and did some sunrise yoga. It was so refreshing and peaceful. I loved it and we now have a scheduled more days in future. I got some great photos.

     Speaking of great photos, we joined the ward for a ward camp out on Friday and the sky was so beautiful. The ward had a fireside during a rain storm and when the testimony part of it opened up to everyone. The sky cleared and there was a fantastic rainbow. So beautiful. There was a long pause after the first speaker so I jumped in and shared my little thoughts on it all. I taught from Moroni 1:3. It is an invitation for us all not to deny the Christ. I know I never will and I bore the best testimony I could about it. Lots of s'mores and that might have been my favorite part :)

     I had a ton of junk food this past week, so many s'mores I believe I might just turn into one. On Saturday I ate the most junk food I have in a long time because it was my birthday. We went to Zarahara for breakfast, a recent convert who we help with and she cooks us breakfast. To my surprise the outside was decorated with birthday things and a some ding dong with a match in it for my cake. It was so sweet for the sisters and her to set that up. The day continued to be a blast as we worked. For dinner a member in the ward made me my favorite dinner and dessert. So yummy. I do not have photos of it all but i will next week, my camera was in a car and i used Elder Rebers for most of it, so stay tuned in! I am now 20 and still a child at heart! Never to grow up but always to grow!

     To close I will share what I grew from over this past week. For Mission prep we taught about Christlike Attributes and it was taught to us during Zone Training. So I want to share that with you all because it has been such a focus fir me. In preach my gospel (it is on LDS.org for those who have not a copy) there is a section where we all can find out strengths and where we need to improve to become more like Christ. I am currently working on "Hope" I find however that as I have been fallowing the direction of Church leaders and reading scriptures. I am improving myself every day and its so great to see the progress that can come from try. Remember to always try and never give up. Life is to short and no one is remember for doing the easy thing. I love you all so much but more importantly, Our Savoir loves you and always will. Until we meet again.

Love,
Elder Wyatt





No comments:

Post a Comment