Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apples

Hey Yall!

     Well, last week on our P-day our mission president and his wife joined us for the afternoon and for dinner. It was a lot of fun. We went as a group, with the sister missionaries up to Royal Gorge bridge and had some fun walking it. It moves a lot when one is on it and that was a little nerve racking to me. It was really neat however to be able to just talk with our president and get to know him better. They joined us for dinner as well and it was really nice but I felt bad for the woman who hosted us. The family are long time friends to our mission president, this is the fact that prompted the whole get together. However, at the meal the house was cleaned and spotless and the table was set like a 5 start restaurant. We came to find out that our Mission Presidents Wife could not eat garlic or onions, which by chance where all parts of the whole meal. It was a little bit of a shock to the host family but they handled it well. It was an opportunity for us all to laugh and come a little bit closer.

     After getting closer with out president we got to see him the very next day! We had a big meeting up in springs and we spent most of our Tuesday hearing from our mission leaders and that following Friday we were back in springs for another meeting. Both were a blast and I learned so much. I have now filled up my notebook and am going to buy a new one today. I need it because there are always some great things to learn in life, and I learn them a little bit better when I write them down! We got to come closer as a zone and it was a lot of fun to meet the new missionaries who have come in. Some of whom are friends I have known from far away and it is cool to be able to see them too! They teach us and maybe we teach them a little in our fun questions and answers.

     I know that there is a fair amount of teaching coming from us however. The adventures of Possum and Bat continue!  This past week was a great week for Elder Liptrott and myself. We have been working hard to refresh our area and get things moving and last week was a great week to see the fruits of our labors. We got some pretty great people we are working with, their names are Lane, Dakota, and Amy. These are the three who are progressing the most. Only time will tell if we get to see continued growth for them but something really cool happened when we were teaching Dakota. As we sat on the front porch talking about the fact that we are lead today by living apostles and prophets of the Lord. I felt prompted to invite him to get on his knees with us and pray to ask God if our message was true, and to my surprise, I promised him a powerful immediate witness from the Holy Ghost. I knew that if he would ask, he would receive, but sadly, he did not want to do it. Broke my heart but it was mainly because of his fear to pray in front of other people. We got a time to go back and we look forward to seeing him next week, going to be an adventure with him.

     We had quite the adventure this past Thursday when one of the sisters had quite a nasty fall on her bike going down a big hill here in town. We got the call and rushed over to help. They had called 911 but when we got there we had the opportunity to give her a blessing. It was the first time that I have ever given one in a circumstance like that, but I was so thankful and humbled that we had the power to help. We took her to the ER and she got out later that night. Lots of big scratches and a funky thumb they turned back into place. For the accident that it was, the Doctor was impressed that there was no neck or head trauma. We have been spoiling her with treats and she is doing much better.

     Life is great, and can be for everyone. Sister Elama had a little miss hap but is smiling and continuing to serve the Lord. I think that it is too easy in life to just give up and dwell on one little miss hap that throws a wrench in our lives. If we remind ourselves daily, as I do, that we have a living God, and he leads us with a living Prophet, nothing in the world can bring us down. The scriptures are true. The future will unfold as has been taught by past and modern prophets. If you are worried about something, read your scriptures and you will find comfort. This weekend in General Conference, and as was advised to me, I want to encourage everyone to look in their personal lives for something that has been on their mind and listen to each and every talk. I promise that one is meant for you, yes you personally. The Lord knows you and will speak to you. Let me know how it goes, I will be doing the same thing.

4 Nephi 1:15-17  What the world can be!

With as much love as an email can carry,
Elder Wyatt


Photos:

Elder Liptrott and I have some fun :) (and we are silly too)
The fishing photo is one of my favorites
The whole group with President and his wife!









No comments:

Post a Comment