Tuesday, September 9, 2014

For the First Time in Forever

Dear Friends,

     A few people told me that my last blog post was really good. I like to think it was all luck, this being the case, I can not insure that all will be good. I shall continue to eat my veggies for I know that makes me lucky but please continue to read each update with a grain of salt (A whole lot more then a grain for those who are like me :) ) and know that at the end of the day. I am happy, I am loving every second, and I still have spell check to assist me!

     I left my old planner (It is like a cheat sheet for what I did over the past week) so much of what I share today will be purely from memory. I know that last P-day, after we emailed we eventually made our way over to bowling. It was really fun. It was the first time we went the entire transfer which is very different from last transfer. I hope we go more next transfer because I really enjoy it. We got a group photo and you all have to let me know if you like Elder Rebers clothes. I picked them out for him per his request and I want to know what everyone thinks of my taste.  I wish you could see the shoes but oh well. Better to be looking up anyway.

     I often have to look up at Elder Reber because I am much shorter then him. Luckily I am about even with those we teach. One of the people we have been working with, Kyle Rust, has been making great strides. We had our last visit with Elder Reber so he left him with a great testimony. The lesson, as amazing as it was, wasn't my favorite part. That Sunday Kyle's Mother and Sister approached us and thanked us for visiting him. Now Kyle lives with his wife in his own home but his family told us that they have seen a shift in Kyle and that it has been such a blessing to them that we have been taking the time to talk with him. Over all they said that Kyle's attitude has really gotten better and that he is now looking up. To hear from the family that our lessons have been having a good effect was so nice to me. It reconfirmed to me that what we do has a positive effect on those around us and those around them.

     I spent this entire transfer working on that. Looking up. I think to often we tend to look down. On others and on ourselves. But it is really silly. I have had three months to work with Elder Reber and I have learned a lot. Many things I learned about the world and other outlets, but mostly I learned a lot about myself. I continue to learn a lot everyday. I have said it before and I will say it again, but I believe that the time when I am learning the most is when I am teaching others. It is such a blessing to be able to go out and share the message of the Restored Gospel. It has blessed me with more things then I could ever relate over these simple words but I know, that where I am, and what I am doing, is exactly what the Lord wants. I love you all and hope that each of you know it. I mean it. I will be back in a week and with plenty of stories to tell.

"O be wise; what can I say more?" Jacob 6:12

With love,
Elder Daniel Wyatt


Here are some pictures for y'all:

1) Bowling y'all
2) This is our district meetings. Role plays and massages.
3) It's called the Big Dave, and it's 1 pound of meat. Unfortunately, I could not finish it all.
4 & 5) Old pics from my birthday.








No comments:

Post a Comment