Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Time Clicks By

Hey Everyone!

     This week was one of the most powerful weeks I have had my entire mission. Elder Liptrott and I have been working hard and we are seeing some great results of it all. It is a rich blessing to be where I am and doing what I am doing.

     Our week was joined by some fun weather! We had one day with quite the downpour. It was exciting really. We stayed off of our bikes because it was not the safest weather to bike in, but we walked with our umbrellas and wore some warmer clothes. Elder Liptrott made fun of my pink tie so I had him wear my other one. We were almost matching, pretty funny. But we had a lesson with Lane, whom we have been seeing for a little bit and it was amazing. The sisters joined us and we even have Heavenly Fathers Help because he would make the rain nice and quite it when it was a spiritual moment. He is so great like that! :) We bore some great testimony and came back two days later because she wanted to meet again soon! We were joined by the sisters both times and we would just sit outside and chat. Yes, the first time we stood in the pouring rain as we read Mormon 9 (A great chapter I highly recommend). She asked us about polygamy, of course, but then asked when she could come to church! Just the start of our great lessons.

     Another Fantastic Lesson we had was with Amy. It too was in the rain and it was also joined by the spirit of the Lord! She sang to us at one point and Elder Liptrott joined in at the part about Romeo and Juliet. It was great! She joined us for church and as she was sitting with us listening, she informed us that she read and prayed and knew everything was true! That was wonderful news to hear and got us very excited to meet with her again this week!

     Overall the past week was really nice. We danced in the rain, because that's how I live my life, and we went tracting and found plenty of people who did not like us. For the first time I had to show my ministerial card. It says that people should head my message and that was nice for him to read! We got to be nice and silly with one another. When we played sports after mission prep, we played chair soccer, it was insane cause we had a small army playing and two balls at one point.

     A neat thing that did occur on a personal level was Sis. Ikahihifo came and had exchanges with the sisters and I got to teach with her at both of the previously mentioned lessons. She was there back when I was being trained and still had half her mission to go. But just like the song goes, the time came and she leaves this Thursday after a great 18 months. She was my mission mom and it was hard to see her go but I am the missionary I am today thanks to the example she lead for me. So if you ever see a loud Polynesian walking around BYU with a hard last name to say, that's my mama and she is someone to say thanks too!

     Well, another week down and a brand new transfer starts today! This past one was only 5 weeks, so the next will be 7 weeks long. So maybe it will seem longer next time but all is going so well and I love everyday. I know that it is all because of Christ and the fact that I try to follow his footsteps everyday. I am not perfect, but I try my best and that is all that I can do. Stay classy and do not sin please, thank you!

For now,
Elder Wyatt



Photos from Elder Wyatt:

1) Elders Wyatt and Liptrott enjoying the rain
2) Fun in the rain :)
3 & 4) With Elder Wyatt's mission Mom
5 & 6) Last district meeting of the transfer







No comments:

Post a Comment